“The Power of Transparent Marketing and the Myth of ‘Secret Sauce’ ”
Marcus Sheridan, founder of The Sales Lion is one of the Internet’s most well-known bloggers. He started his swimming pool company in 2001 and has grown it into one of the largest of its kind in the world, due to his super-smart inbound marketing efforts and incredibly popular swimming pool blog.
Buckle your seat belt for this fun, informative and charismatic interview.
Our questions for Marcus:
- Give us a quick definition of inbound marketing
- It seems there are different categories of bloggers – how do you see this?
- “Thinking like a consumer?”
- What can you share with us about the role of Thought Leadership?
- “Secret sauce?”
- Abundance vs Scarcity?
- You say, “You’ve gotta have opinions…”
- What is a “Trust Agent?”
- You say, “Great content is always going to be relevant.”
- You say we should “publish our prices” – Does this apply to everyone?
- Where do personal brand and business brand merge, if so?
- Looking at the difference of INBOUND MARKETING, expand on the vast mindset differences.
- I’ve followed Mike Volpe and his podcast for some time. How do you see the general publics opinion of online learning and such topics that Hubspot covers.
- What is your role at Hubspot? Are you similar to affiliate?
- Do we all want to know the back story?? Giving credence to your “transparent marketing” idea..
- I love your post about ROI of blogging. I feel like most that disagree or don’t “see the light” haven’t even started the process.
- Similar to Social Media, they already assume the time invested won’t be worth it??
- Explain Secret Sauce, does everyone keep themselves satisfied by always thinking they need to know something else before they can “ship” as Seth Godin says?
- What are biggest challenges facing small biz owners moving ahead to 2013 and beyond?