Alison Whitmire, CEO Coach at C-Lever
Here’s what we asked Alison:
- You’ve been coaching CEOs for more than 10 years now. When we use the term “conscious leadership,” what does that mean to you?
- Can you help us understand the difference between UNconscious and SUBconscious?
- You talk about “Engaging your observer self…”
- Does the unconscious help to get us what we WANT … or does it more often get in the way?
- Are we led by our unconscious mind?
- How can someone know if they’re being led by their unconscious?
- You talk about unconscious patterns…
- You help people “create more choices for themselves.” How do you mean?
- It seems you bring a unique perspective to the world of coaching. Can you share one of your success stories?
- You talk about “the unconscious in action”…
- We hear the term “be present” quite often. Is this the same as “being conscious?” And if so, how do we do that?
- What are your feelings on 360-degree reviews?
- In your TED Talk, you mention the “4 Ds” in receiving feedback…”
- What attributes must every great leader possess?
- On Linkedin, you say, “The #1 thing you should know about me: I ask a lot of questions. That’s how I get you to stretch your thinking. My job is to ask BETTER, SMARTER, TOUGHER questions – the types of questions that you haven’t thought to ask yourself, that CHALLENGE you to look beyond the obvious, that require courageous answers that reveal the unexpected.”
- Does every CEO need a coach?
- Tell us about your involvement with TEDx.
- In you TEDx talk, you mention, “Getting feedback on blindspots?”