“Why Do Business Internationally?”
Michael Bare, President of BARE International (a mystery shopping company), shares his story of expansion into 6 countries. Watch to discover what pitfalls to avoid and what rewards are available via global business expansion.
Here’s what we asked Mike:
- Tell our viewers what mystery shopping is?
- Why mystery shopping?
- Can you tell us about the role/importance of consistency?
- How do you see most business owners react to the idea of: “Going global?”
- Why might someone consider expanding into other countries?
- Was it your original intention to go global with your company?
- Do you feel the need to “be there?” (i.e., have a presence in these other countries)
- You started out in restaurants/hotels – how did expanding into other industries come about?
- When might a business owner know it’s time to consider business outside the US?
- What can the US learn about: business and/or customer service from other countries?
- All countries don’t do business exactly as the US does … How does one prepare for the cultural differences?
- How important is it to know the language?
- When it comes to choosing which countries … where does one begin?
- How does “International” affect your brand image?
- Is it necessary to conduct cultural/diversity training internally?
- What are a few of the pitfalls of doing business internationally?
- What have you been most surprised by?
- What is the current state of CUSTOMER SERVICE in the US and abroad?
- How important is it that the “customer experience” is the same at every one of a company’s locations around the world?
- What is the most common challenge you see companies having around delivering great customer service?
- Do you believe our recent economy has caused a “correction?”
- What about linking employee compensation to customer satisfaction scores?
- Our younger generation has grown up with less day-to-day human interaction – how do you see this affecting customer service?
- You’re founding member of the Mystery Shopping Providers Association…
- You also provide “hidden camera” services?…
- Based on your findings, what are business owners most surprised by … after being shopped?