“Answering the Ultimate Question: How Net Promoter Can Transform Your Business”
Richard Owen, CEO of Satmetrix, is THE authority on measuring customer loyalty … and how to act on it. He’s also the author of Answering the Ultimate Question (co-authored by Laura L. Brooks, PhD).
Here’s what we asked Richard in this compelling interview:
- What is the Ultimate Question and “Net Promoter Score?”
- What is “broken” about the way most companies survey customers?
- Do you believe our recent economy has caused a “correction” on the basis of customer service?
- In the book you talk about “Customer Intimacy?”
- We’ve all heard that someone who has a bad experience tells 11 people…those 11 tell 5…
- What’s the impact of “word of mouth” and how can we be intentional about creating more of it?
- We’ve learned that customers who answer The Ultimate Question with a 9 or 10 are our “Promoters;” responsible for 80% of our repeat/referral business. What are your thoughts on rewarding these folks?
- What about linking employee compensation to customer satisfaction scores?
- Is there a correlation between customer satisfaction and employee morale?
- Talk to us about “Service Recovery”
- Who was one of the first (or most recognized) companies or individuals known for bringing this into discussion?
- Who are the super stars at recognizing and developing the ideas of your company today?
- Is your service applicable for small to medium size companies? If not, can you give them some best practices for implementing a similar strategy for understanding their target market and how to reward the “promoters”?
- Your recent Worldwide study shows a whopping 75% of companies are NOT measuring effects of social media…what do you attribute that to?
- How much of your overall guest satisfaction is through social media, and how far along the path of complete understanding of SM impact is our society do you think?
- Plus 60% of businesses have no tracking in place for social media…when you reverse that trend with a larger companies, what effects have you seen?
- What are your Customer Service predictions for 2013?
Come to the 7th annual Net Promoter Customer Experience Conference 1/30/13 – 2/1/13